Broward Health is committed to the health and wellness of the community. Due to the current situation with COVID-19, all maternity tours and classes are cancelled until further notice.
If you are interested in seeing a virtual tour, please click the links below.
Visitation Update: One support person/father is allowed to stay with the mother during her stay. Once the support person/father leaves the hospital, he or she will not be allowed to return.
Your Experience Starts Here
You have great expectations for the experience that lies ahead, and our team of caregivers is committed to assisting you and your family every step of the way. The Maternity Place is a great start for you and your baby. In today’s hectic world, it’s the “extras” that often make the difference.
Maternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center
Maternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center offers mothers-to-be over 75 years of experience in routine and high-risk pregnancies. The newly-renovated Maternity Place at Broward Health Medical Center has a whole new look and feel and includes:
- 36 private postpartum suites with luxurious shower facilities
- Full-size bed with pillow-top mattress for dad or partner
- Vanity station for mom
- Large-screen TV
- 3 deluxe Empress Suites with extra-spacious family areas and Tea Time room service available on a first come, first-served basis for an additional charge
- Level III Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Units on-site
- 24/7 Breast pump rental services
- 24-hour In-House Specialists –anesthesiologist, neonatologist, obstetrician and certified nurse midwife
- 24-hour Level III Neonatal Unit – The 63-bed NICU is one of the largest and most sophisticated in Florida. As a state-designated Level III unit, the NICU is able to support the tiniest and most fragile of babies
- In-house transport team which provides air and ground service on a 24/7 availability
- Parent Weekly Support Group
- Newborn Channel – Information on caring for yourself or your baby post-partum is available with the push of a button through our dedicated Newborn Channel
The Maternity Place at Broward Health Coral Springs
Childbirth Concierge Service We’re here for you! This service will help coordinate and guide you through all the resources available. Our concierge will help ease the processes of maternity registration, enrolling for childbirth education classes and tours, and answer any questions or concerns that may arise. Contact our Childbirth Concierge who will guide you through this exciting journey! Call 954.344.BABY (2229) or email BHCSdelivers@BrowardHealth.org.
Classes and Events
Our commitment to expectant mothers starts long before the due date. Programs are available to help you and your baby thrive during early days of pregnancy, birth and long after you have returned home. To register for a class, call 954-759-7400 & select option 5 or visit BrowardHealth.org/Events.
- Maternity tours – Register online or call for tour 954-344-2229
- Physical Therapy during pregnancy and postpartum (doctor prescription required)
- CPR for Family and Friends
- Childbirth Preparation/Education
- Benefits of Prenatal Yoga 101
- Prenatal Yoga (doctor consent required)
- Super Sibling
- Our private Labor Delivery Recovery (LDR) suites are designed to give families privacy and comfort. All suites are equipped with customizable lighting and room temperature, sleep accommodations for your partner, headwalls that conceal medical equipment, centralized fetal and labor monitoring, and specialized birthing beds and labor support equipment. Water births are also available. (Check with your healthcare provider.)
- 24-hour On-Site Anesthesia
- Mother/Baby Unit – After your recovery/delivery, you will be transferred for the remainder of your stay to our all private room mother/baby unit with sleep accommodations for your partner and couplet care.
- Couplet Care-Mother and baby stay together from childbirth to discharge. Couplet care is an evidence-based best practice that facilitates family bonding, supports successful breastfeeding, and enhances the experience of childbirth.
- Perinatal Unit – Dedicated beds with advanced maternal/fetal monitoring equipment. Staffed with nurses experienced in perinatal care, this unit is available for maternity patients who need close observation during the antepartum period.
- Level II Neonatal Unit with private suites and sleep accommodations for a parent to sleep. Located steps away from the mother/baby unit. The unit is staffed on a 24-hour basis by neonatologists and highly skilled nurses who can provide expert care for any baby needing special attention, for high-risk cases or in the event that complications arise.
- Neonatal Follow-up Program – Babies admitted to NICU for an extended period of time or premature infants are often medically at-risk or need special services. Babies discharged from the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit receive follow-up care and screening to make sure the child is growing and learning at his/her best pace.
- The gift of an individually prepared birth certificate with footprints as a memento of your baby’s birth.
- Transition to Home Class – A review of new parent information prior to discharge. Topics include: breastfeeding basics, baby bath demonstration, safe sleeping, activities and proper nutrition, mom and baby care and when to call your doctor.
Postpartum Support Group
Broward Health Medical Center offers a free support group designed to provide peer-to-peer support, emotional support and a safe place to talk about the anxieties and struggles facing motherhood. This group is facilitated by a clinician and supported by a maternity/lactation nurse with educational materials and resources available. Infants are welcome. No registration or fee are required. The group meets the second and fourth Thursday of the month in the Lillian S Wells Conference Center at Broward Health Medical Center. Please contact Samantha Montealegre, RNC, BSN, IBCLC at 954-468-5276 for more information.
Our licensed massage therapists offer half-hour and hour- long sessions.
Massage can help you reduce stress, relieve pain and discomfort, and enhance recovery from injury.
Special Prenatal Yoga 101 Class Highlighted are available to reduce discomfort for the mother-to-be.
At Broward Health Medical Center, please contact The Wellness Center at 954.355.5521 for additional information or to book an appointment.
The Latest Technology
Broward Health is one of the few public healthcare systems in the nation to implement a Barcoded Medication Administration System (BCMA). This advanced BCMA records, tracks and ensures the correct medications are delivered in the prescribed dosage and time, to the right patient. With the use of a simple barcoded wristband, patients can see the system at work and are reassured by the added safety measure. BCMA enables caregivers to work more efficiently and demonstrates Broward Health's commitment to patient safety.
Find a Doctor
We can match you to a doctor based on your location, language preference, and more. The search results will provide more ways to narrow your search.